How is your artistic career doing?
Have you ever wanted to know how to become a confident singer and musician? Have you ever wanted to play live, to share the stage with others, to have followers and one day, perhaps even people who you could call “fans” of the music you make and the artist you are?
Have you ever feared chasing your dreams? Have you ever doubted yourself? Have you ever lost touch with your creativity? Have you ever sabotaged your potential…? Have you ever just given up? Are you (still) afraid of failure, judgement and criticism?
If you find yourself answering “yes” to any of these questions and you wonder how to move on, how to get better, how to believe in yourself, how to pursue your dreams in the musical world, I have put together some empowering content here to help bring you back on track.
Who am I and how can I help you?
My name is Clémentine DELAUNEY, from France; I’m an artist, a musician, a singer and an entrepreneur. For 10 years, I have been singing in great international signed bands in the Symphonic Metal scene, releasing albums worldwide and touring on 3 continents. I’ve had the honor of being invited to be a guest singer by some of the most prestigious names of the genre. I’ve set foot on many stages, from the smallest intimate gigs to the largest festivals out there. Today, I can say that I am living the life I once dreamed of!
But it wasn’t as easy as it sounds. Firstly, I had to overcome many obstacles such as rejection and daily mockeries as I was a bullied child at school. Secondly, I had to face several types of failures that put an end to some good collaborations. Thirdly and most importantly, I had to change my mindset and behavior in order to become the artist and frontwoman that I knew I was, deep inside.
And because I successfully managed to follow the path that I had set for myself, I want to help you do the same.
My conviction and why this blog exists
I believe in everyone’s potential. I believe in everyone’s capacity to learn and be very good at something (and this something doesn’t even have to be singing, music or art!) and share it with the world.
It breaks my heart when I see someone wasting his or her potential by not going for it, by feeling stuck or by having wrong beliefs about themselves. Therefore, I decided to raise my voice, to share my story and what I learnt from my experience, hoping that in the process I can help and support you in becoming a more confident singer and blossoming as an artist!
I wasn’t born with my way to success carved in marble. I had to make it happen, I had to develop my skills, create my chances and grow them! And if I could do all of that, then I believe you can too!
So, if you want to get to the next level in your artistic life, develop your practice, your self-confidence and reveal yourself through your art, make sure not to miss any of my tips and advice and subscribe to my newsletter now!
I will share my content here in articles as well as in videos on my upcoming Youtube Channel and via a special podcast as well!
Join my wonderful community and follow me on social media:
If you have any questions or want to share your personal story and issues with me, send me an email and I will be very happy to reply and provide you with my feedback!
You can also leave your questions in the comments for other people might benefit from the answer I’ll try to give.
If you wish to know more about my achievements, here’s my artistic journey!
My current bands is VISIONS OF ATLANTIS (Symphonic Metal since 2013, Napalm Records)
I also take part in EXIT EDEN (Symphonic Pop Metal, since 2017, Napalm Records)
Previously : SERENITY (Symphonic Power Metal 2011-2014, Napalm Records) – WHYZDOM (Philharmonic Metal 2010-2011)
Here’s my career path in the artistic field:
- 2009 – 2011: soprano in semi-professional choirs of Sacred Music
- 2009 – 2011: classical singing lessons with private teachers
- 2004 – 2005: lead vocalist for my first melodic metal band in Lyon
- 2003 – 2004: joined the Maîtrise de l’Opera of Lyon, a special class for teenagers to learn classical singing and classical piano in order to create shows for children at Lyon’s National Opera
- 2002 – 2003: piano lessons with a neo classic teacher
- 2000 – 2004: soprano in school choirs
- 2000 – 2001: theater lessons
- 1999 – 2000: joined a gospel choir with whom I made my first studio experience
- 1997 – 2001: piano lessons with a jazz teacher who taught me how to improvise and I started to write my first piano pieces
- 1992 – 1996: contemporary dance lessons
- 1987: birth 🙂
The releases I took part of:
- 2020: VISIONS OF ATLANTIS – Live DVD “A Symphonic Journey To Remember” with Bohemian Symphony Orchestra from Prague, lead vocals (Napalm Records)
- 2019: VISIONS OF ATLANTIS – Album “Wanderers”, lead vocals (Napalm Records)
- 2019: VISIONS OF ATLANTIS – Live album “The Deep & The Dark Live”, lead vocals (Napalm Records)
- 2018: MELTED SPACE – Album “Darkening Light” lead and backing vocals (Sensory Records)
- 2018: VISIONS OF ATLANTIS – Album “The Deep & The Dark, lead vocals (Napalm Records)
- 2017 : EXIT EDEN – Album “Rhapsodies In Black”, lead and backing vocals (Napalm Records)
- 2016: HANSEN & FRIENDS – Live DVD “XXX” lead and backing vocals – show at WACKEN Open Air (Earmusic)
- 2016: VISIONS OF ATLANTIS – EP “Old Routes New Waters”, lead vocals (Napalm Records)
- 2015: MELTED SPACE – Album “The Great Lie” backing vocals (Sensory Records)
- 2013 : SERENITY – Album “War Of Ages” second lead and backing vocals (Napalm Records)
- 2011 : MYRATH guest vocals on song “Under Siege” from “Tales of The Sands” (XIII bis Records)
The live shows I took part of as a guest:
- 2020 : Lead and backing vocalist for TARJA (ex-NIGHTWISH) on both her 15 year solo artist career anniversary shows
- 2019 : Guest singer for KAMELOT on the European leg of the “Shadow Tour” on the song “Sacrimony”
- 2016: Lead and backing vocalist for HANSEN & FRIENDS : special show at WACKEN Open Air to celebrate Kai Hansen’s (HELLOWEEN) three decades of career and the release of his first solo album “XXX” (Earmusic)
- 2016: Guest singer for MELTED SPACE on a European tour with SYMPHONY X
- 2015: Guest singer for MELTED SPACE on a European tour with LEAVES’EYES
- 2013 : Guest singer for MELTED SPACE on a French tour with THE OLD DEAD TREE
- 2013 : Guest singer for MYRATH on the song “Under Siege” in Tunisia and 3 French shows
- 2011: Guest singer for SERENITY on the Out Of the Dark Tour